Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sick of Liars

I will find out and I will hold it against you.

More than a few times this past month I've been blown off by some friends for stupid reasons. I can tell when someone is lying to me and I don't appreciate it. Frankly, I'd rather hear the cold hard truth about why you don't want to hang out with me then find out days later that your bullshit excuse was covering something else up. It's okay if you want to hang out with someone else or if you're tired; I understand. Just don't tell me that your parents said you can't or that you got called into work and then tweet about how much fun you're having somewhere else.

Another thing I've witnessed recently was lying to get out of a relationship. A person very close to me was broken up with by a boy who is later going to regret it. He wouldn't, and still won't, give her the REAL answer as to why his mind changed. I've had this happen to me before and I think it's not only rude but degrading.

If you don't like someone, they're not your type, you want to be with someone else, etc., fine! Life goes on! Don't waste anyone else's time with a dumb lie that's gonna come back and bite you in the ass. There's an easy and respectful way to handle any sort of relationship with someone: be honest. Personally, if you lie to me then you've burned a bridge.

I have a friend that I consider one of the best people in my life due to the rarity of our friendship. The basis of everything between us is to just be blunt and honest. So far, it's only made our friendship better, long-lasting and more fun. I'm not saying that we haven't had our disagreements though. One night he decided to cancel plans with me to hang out with a love interest. I didn't have to ask why he was cancelling our trip to Mighty because of the way he was acting. Later, I confronted him about it and told him that I thought it was a shitty thing to do to a friend. Instead of making excuses or lying about what he was doing that night, he explained what happened, what he was thinking and apologized cause he knew I was right.

Honest people are the shit. If you intend on lying to me, don't even bother. Go ahead and walk out of my life because I don't want you in it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment