Friday, February 1, 2013

Too Mushy, Too Emotional

All my life I've heard it from my family, friends and boyfriends that I'm too emotional and over-dramatic. Well...that's just me. And frankly, I'm okay with it. The people in my life know who I am and how I work and they accept me. Sure my sisters will laugh at me every now and then when I start crying at dinner but they know that I'm not going to change.

In my eyes being emotional shouldn't be an attribute to be ashamed of just because people don't know how to handle it. I'm "squishy" for a reason. Most of you that know me can figure out pretty easily why I'm like this. Plus, despite the things I've dealt with, I was just born this way. In a world where everybody is criticized for being "too" anything people start to get self conscious that they're built wrong. I know me and I know my emotions. I'm not wrong and I'm not broken; I'm just a sap. Those who deserve to be in my life won't try to change me or make me feel bad for always over-thinking, crying and being mushy.

For a long time I was worried  and afraid  to say that being overemotional is my worst flaw. Now I realize that it's just me. I'm not ashamed or embarrassed of myself and if you're not okay with it then you don't have to be in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment